► When is a jump shot . . NOT a jump shot? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

► When is a jump shot . . NOT a jump shot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Funny thing after the post/center discussion last were. During the premame against ISU Fox SportsSW listed Griner as a "post" but when she introduced herself she called herself a "center." Must be some old Southerner working for FSSW.
She is both. The disagreement isn't over whether Griner is a post or center she is both. The disagreement is whether the persons playing the 4 spot is, also, considered a post player. Traditionally the answer is, "yes."

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
In the pro's don't they call that "power forward?"

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
yes, power forwards are posts.

Is the power forward a post if he/she doesn't have the ability to post up? Or at that point are they just a forward...and by point, I don't mean point guard.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Come on guys, I am just having fun at this point...and more fun that WV is at the moment...and than SJ will later tonight.

UCONN and ND are both going to make the committee forget about those earlier losses with big wins tonight. Both will be back at solid number 1 seeds.

Stanford was VERY close to a loss to Cal and Baylor was very close to a loss to TT and TAMU. I don't think those losses in the toughest conference in the country will have a huge impact on seedings.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I would say that most female players shot set-shots when shooting from long distance. Terran Condrey from Baylor typically shots a jumper, even from three point range. Sims, Hayden and Madden almost always shoot set-shots from long range.

I previously mentioned Mawadi Mabika, who I can't say I ever saw shoot a set-shot. She always elevated prior to release and I thought had one of the most beautiful jumpers in the history of the women's game. Sheryl Swoopes shot a set/push-shot, as was very typical of almost every female player from west Texas at one time. I am not sure about Nykesha Sales, but my memory seems to lead me to believe that she was a jump shooter and that she almost always elevated on her shot. Taurasi kind of leans more toward a jumper, IMO, but I would have to look at some footage to confirm. Sue Bird seems to shoot a push shot, also.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I sort of like the Caroline triple-bank bounce shot where she shoots it out of the stands, it ricochets off a wall and a couple of light fixtures, bounces twice on the floor and then plops in. Now THERE is a shot!

Reaction Score
I sort of like the Caroline triple-bank bounce shot where she shoots it out of the stands, it ricochets off a wall and a couple of light fixtures, bounces twice on the floor and then plops in. Now THERE is a shot!
Yes, should be worth 4 points at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul