► Should we grovel at the feet of the ACC - - for acceptance ?? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

► Should we grovel at the feet of the ACC - - for acceptance ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The answer I want to say is blow me, but the ACC doesn't want to hear that. However when I asked them, How about an ACC BB quarter final UNC vs Duke and Cuse vs UConn - winner take all. They came in their pants and said why play a National final.

THAT IS THE TRUTH BB WISE. \\

FB wise it will just take UConn a few more years to catch up, the response is, "You havn't really played D1 fb that long." "Maybe 8/10 years". "Wow that's interesting!!"

Reaction Score
The answer I want to say is blow me, but the ACC doesn't want to hear that. However when I asked them, How about an ACC BB quarter final UNC vs Duke and Cuse vs UConn - winner take all. They came in their pants and said why play a National final.

THAT IS THE TRUTH BB WISE. \\

FB wise it will just take UConn a few more years to catch up, the response is, "You havn't really played D1 fb that long." "Maybe 8/10 years". "Wow that's interesting!!"

From what I saw against Temple yesterday, Uconn is still not playing D1 ball. Talk on Tobacco Road is if ND ever joins the ACC in FB years down the road, BE teams in play, if any, would be UL or Cinn, maybe Rutgers. ND addition to ACC was primarily to sell FB tickets. ND visits to ACC schools guarantee a huge gate take. UL and Cinn would do the same, although not as much as ND. Not sure Uconn would power the ticket take, they don't do that well at home.

The ND addition puts the Irish in the driver seat with respect to their options in the ACC, but also gives the ACC an upside to staying put at 14 FB teams and enjoying the revenue for additional ND sellouts in FB each year.

ACC made its BB move with Cuse and Pitt, who will also be competitive in FB. Their next move will have to be a strong FB move to try to keep up with other power conferences. ND helps in that regard, but ACC still needs more, legit top 20 teams like UL and Cinn could be a fit.

Reaction Score
We better just win a lot of games in the big sports. The Big East is a better football conference than the ACC right now. Unfortunately, we aren't doing our share. Conference realignment is on the back burner.

We need to find and pay a great football coach and we need to get KO a contract extension so he can recruit like I know he can. The ACC isn't going to solve any of those problems.

Reaction Score
After this weekend the only conference that is going to accept us is the MAC!

Reaction Score
There certainly were a lot of people wearing blue yesterday. And we're not getting a shot at the Ivy. We can aim for the Public Ivy. Which just happens to be the ACC and B1G for us. Or maybe the Big 12.

Reaction Score
Is that even a serious question? Of course we should.

Sad but true. I'd rather agree to that kind of grovel than a series with ND with them in South Bend and UConn at Foxborough or Met Life Stadium.

Reaction Score
I have a very good friend who likes to say that Poland is one of the only occupied countries to never sign a peace agreement with Hitler.

... to which I reply: "Did Hitler ever offer one???

Reaction Score
Only way we get invited in the ACC is if ND joins in FB. The ACC won't go for a 15 team football league.
Notre Dame will never join the ACC. So that's out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom