► Red Sox memories! (ignore duplicate) | The Boneyard

► Red Sox memories! (ignore duplicate)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrDos

Skimmer
Reaction Score
Give me your tired .... your poor ....Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
the wretched refuse of your teeming shore ..... Send these no-talent, unemployed,
Miller High-Life sluggin' clowns to me ..... I lift my lamp beside
~ T H E . B O N E Y A R D ~
A neighbor of mine used to work for Tom Yawkey, former Red Sox owner, in a non baseball capacity. This guy was a riot! He told me that all the propaganda about "beautiful" and "classic" Fenway was a lot of bull.After WWII the Sox ownership had designed a new ballpark to be built in another location. It was an all-purpose affair (horror) that would be used for three sports. A model of this 'Shea Stadium' clone sat on a table in the offices covered by a sheet. The reason this was not built was that Yawkey and some other industrialists felt that the high building costs after WWII would come down if they waited a while. As you know this did not happen!
In fact, Fenway was flawed since day one. Because of the lack of room in left field, seating was limited. The Red Sox played the 1915 and 1916 World Series at Braves Field (Nickerson field) since the seating capacity was larger than Fenway Park. My neighbor said that the Boston Braves fans were classier then the Red Sox fans. He said that it was like the rivalry between the Harley Davidson and Indian (built in Springfield) motorcycle companies. Indian owners (it was said) could read their directions! He believed that Boston kept the wrong team!
In addition, the backward racial attitudes of the team hurt them for many years.
Quite a guy!
AAHG191_16x20~Babe-Ruth-Red-Sox-Posters.jpg

Reaction Score
Welcome back, Doc!!!! I still have my bronze whoozamawhatzees!!!

Reaction Score
Regarding race, interesting that Francessa (a long time Yankees fan) said the Red Sox and the Yankees organizations were the two most-racist organizations in the AL at one point..
Always heard Boston had the rep, but he threw the Yanks in there as well. That coming from a NY fan thats seen a lot.

DrDos

Skimmer
Reaction Score
Welcome back, Doc!!!! I still have my bronze whoozamawhatzees!!!

Hi! You are showing your age. Most 'Boneyarders' today have never even heard of the thingy . . . let
alone won one!

The Husky Bronze Filigree with Gold Oak Leaf Clusters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member