… From the University of CT, Matthew Wood | The Boneyard

… From the University of CT, Matthew Wood

Reaction Score

Alternate access<<

> Coach Mike Cavanaugh was in the building, and got to an exhausted Wood afterward at their hotel, after he had done all the media stuff.

“I’ve been at NHL Drafts before, and had players picked in the first round,” Cavanaugh said, as he drove from Nashville Thursday morning to continue a college tour of southern schools with his son. “But I’ve never been where the host city drafted our player in the first round. That was pretty special for Matt. The place just erupted.” <-

-> “My job? Don’t screw him up,” Cavanaugh said. “There is always that delicate balance. You’re building a team and you want him to work within the framework of the team, but you’re also obligated to develop him individually so that when he does turn pro, he’s prepared for that next step <-

Reaction Score
Some nice comments from Barry Trotz and great coverage in The Tennessean and the Nashville Post too!

Yes, Virginia - UConn does have hockey!

Reaction Score
Pretty awesome. To think that this is becoming the standard for UConn for all us older UConn fans from the Eero Saarinen roof days is mind blowing. Not too mind blowing, however. Here in Bolton, the standard was set by Ron Hainsey. 13th overall to Montreal. 19 year NHL career after 2 years at UMA-L.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom