“We had no illusions of an upset,” Mossman said. | The Boneyard

“We had no illusions of an upset,” Mossman said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Looks like the Tulsa writers and coach believe UCONN is the best team in the country. Don't think this is where the vote for South Carolina came from.

Reaction Score
Stewart, with 18 points in the first half, finished with 24 points, 10 rebounds, five assists and four blocks in just 27 minutes. Just another typical sensational night for perhaps the best female player on earth. She did not play in the fourth quarter.

Stewart already has been named the most outstanding player in the NCAA Women’s Final Four three times (most in history). She is a three-time All-American and two-time national player of the year. It is hard to imagine any other player dominating the game the way she has over the past four years.

It could be argued she is the most decorated women’s player ever.

Woww... How nice to have Stewie in UConn .......

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Stewart, with 18 points in the first half, finished with 24 points, 10 rebounds, five assists and four blocks in just 27 minutes. Just another typical sensational night for perhaps the best female player on earth. She did not play in the fourth quarter.

Stewart already has been named the most outstanding player in the NCAA Women’s Final Four three times (most in history). She is a three-time All-American and two-time national player of the year. It is hard to imagine any other player dominating the game the way she has over the past four years.

It could be argued she is the most decorated women’s player ever.

Woww... How nice to have Stewie in UConn ..
Actually only a two time AA - that vote takes place before the NCAA and she didn't make the cut. She did not make any AA team or honorable mention even as a freshman - she didn't even make the conference first team - garnering an honorable mention there.
(She did however make every post regular season first team available - conference, regional, and FF.)

Reaction Score
Actually only a two time AA - that vote takes place before the NCAA and she didn't make the cut. She did not make any AA team or honorable mention even as a freshman - she didn't even make the conference first team - garnering an honorable mention there.
(She did however make every post regular season first team available - conference, regional, and FF.)

Really! What a bunch of blind bats. :eek:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Really! What a bunch of blind bats. :eek:
She did not earn AA honors her freshman year because she did not play like an AA her freshman year.

Reaction Score
She did not earn AA honors her freshman year because she did not play like an AA her freshman year.

Yeah but what girl announced she will going to win 4 NCs. That alone should earn her AA Ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!:p:p:p

espnw_bstewart_12.jpg

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
The expression is used in this song, whose real title is "Something." Group is named The Beatles.

Reaction Score
The expression is used in this song, whose real title is "Something." Group is named The Beatles.

Haha - I listened to half the song trying to find the "paleologism" I had never noticed before :eek:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I've often wondered what opposing coaches tell their teams during their pre-game speeches. I wonder if any of them have been completely honest and up front with their girls, and told them that "in a few moments, you're going to go out there and get your butts handed to you on a plate (you're going to get served), knowing that is exactly what's going to happen.

All the ones we've seen on network pregame TV shows, show the coaches giving their team the old rah rah, you can do it, it's our time, let's go get this one, let's go out there and play our brand of basketball, let's go out there and tell our story (Brenda Frese/Maryland), etc.

Can a coach tell his/her girls that he/she does not expect them to win? That any and all of their best efforts will be futile?
What do AAC conference coaches tell their teams during their pregame "pep talks"?
Except for maybe Fernandez at USF, They all know they have no chance of beating UConn, and that the margin of victory maybe somewhere in the 30-50 point range.

How do the girls receive this type of communication? Especially when they know they are going to lose?
Do they really think that the coach believe they can win?, or is the coach just blowing smoke up their shorts, because as a coach, you never send your team out on the floor defeated before the game begins, no matter what?

Will the players have more respect for their coach if they feel the coach is being up front and honest with them, and telling them to prepare for the worst? :rolleyes:

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Will the players have more respect for their coach if they feel the coach is being up front and honest with them, and telling them to prepare for the worst? :rolleyes:
This is the salient point. They are college kids and not stupid. If I were them and my coach was doing a Go-Fight-Win pep talk I would not respect that. That would make for a chink in the coach's armor, in my eyes.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
This is the salient point. They are college kids and not stupid. If I were them and my coach was doing a Go-Fight-Win pep talk I would not respect that. That would make for a chink in the coach's armor, in my eyes.

Thanks Gus, that was the type of feedback I was hoping to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom