“THE KID” and some Tidbits | The Boneyard

“THE KID” and some Tidbits

Reaction Score
Paige started last night….not surprised as you do not have your NPOY coming of the bench specially this time of the year.….Paraphrasing Geno….according to medical staff …strength coaches and training staff…her knee is as it was before injury. So this is a one and done from now on. To me she looked quick and went up strong a few times. It will only get better G-D willing.
Some tidbits about tournament time which gets more exciting each year.
Carla Berube and Princeton….not to take anything away from them but the UCONN DNA is all over that program.
I said this before comparing scores from games does not mean anything by those standards Princeton would beat South Carolina since SC lost to Kentucky.
The SEC not as formidable Ole Miss and Kentucky out and Tennesse and LSU had hard fought wins against lessser opponents.
Georgia Tech soundly beaten and Oregon lost too. Karma is a ….
Some great teams out there but UCONN can also win it all.
These are logical thoughts I am not a long regular here but I do not understand a few that seem to get offended no matter what myself and others post. Remember 95% here want UCONN to win… GO HUSKIES.
Posting this pic from Paige….yesterday what great elevation.
38195982-7BA6-4844-914C-8B2E9DC86981.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Georgia Tech and Oregon beat us so...

But I agree we have a very strong chance to win it all. The bench will be the key overall.

Reaction Score
Paige started last night….not surprised as you do not have your NPOY coming of the bench specially this time of the year.….Paraphrasing Geno….according to medical staff …strength coaches and training staff…her knee is as it was before injury. So this is a one and done from now on. To me she looked quick and went up strong a few times. It will only get better G-D willing.
Carla Berube and Princeton….not to take anything away from them but the UCONN DNA is all over that program.
I said this before comparing scores from games does not mean anything by those standards Princeton would beat South Carolina since SC lost to Kentucky.
The SEC not as formidable Ole Miss and Kentucky out and Tennesse and LSU had hard fought wins against lessser opponents.
These are logical thoughts I am not a long regular here but I do not understand a few that seem to get offended no matter what myself and others post. Remember 95% here want UCONN to win… GO HUSKIES.
Her ability to get to the hoop and now her confidence in her 3 point shot seem to be back. We all know her court vision is always there. She looks quicker on defense and her anticipation of the passing lanes looked like the old Paige. She wants this championship badly for her legacy. She is a winner and a fierce competitor on even 3 point shooting with Azzi. She has the eye of the Tiger back. The whole team seems in sinc about that.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Here is Geno's detailed assessment of the "sub"

“She looks a little bit like she did, but she’s a little bit out of sorts still,” Auriemma said. “There weren’t a lot of smooth exchanges between her and and some of our post players where, you know, you’ve seen a lot of the last year, where there’s a lot of quick hitters between her and (Olivia Nelson-Ododa), or her and Dorka earlier this year.

“So she’s not quite there yet. But I was more interested in how’s she going to look playing that many minutes. And, you know, I thought that she came out of it looking really, really good.”

Reaction Score
OK, it's just a moment in time, but compare Paige's elevation to that of the defender. Great pic!

Reaction Score
OK, it's just a moment in time, but compare Paige's elevation to that of the defender. Great pic!
The point about the elevation had to do with
post injury ….and that her ability to elevate is back.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
(whispering - I still think CB will be the next UCWBB coach but that's a debate for the offseason)

Reaction Score
Princeton runs the same offense (Princeton aka Read and React) as UCONN...albeit from what I saw more pick and pop out of it than backdoor cuts. Notre Dame also runs it. I like it because...there's a lot less dribbling.

Reaction Score
Is the same set with a few Variations
Same press breaker
Same force baseline man to man defense

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Princeton runs the same offense (Princeton aka Read and React) as UCONN...albeit from what I saw more pick and pop out of it than backdoor cuts. Notre Dame also runs it. I like it because...there's a lot less dribbling.
Actually UCONN does not run the Princeton offense. They run a read and react motion offense, but not Pete Carril's Princeton offense. UCONN's version descends from Henry Iba, Pete Newell and Bobby Knight. UCONN normally runs a 3-out or 4 -out. Of course Geno has put his own stamp on it.

But yes, at least when Muffett was there, ND ran/runs a form of the Princeton offense.

Reaction Score
Actually UCONN does not run the Princeton offense. They run a read and react motion offense, but not Pete Carril's Princeton offense. UCONN's version descends from Henry Iba, Pete Newell and Bobby Knight. UCONN normally runs a 3-out or 4 -out. Of course Geno has put his own stamp on it.

But yes, at least when Muffett was there, ND ran/runs a form of the Princeton offense.
The Princeton Offense is a read and react motion offense. The principle in all these motion offenses isn't any different. Regardless of the set...they all have the same common ball side action and back side screening principle. It's technically not an offense, but a principle. Personnel and skill level generally dictate the initial set.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
To get the full size image rather than a thumbnail, after uploading and before posting, look for the word insert in the upper left of the picture. Click (or tap on phone or tablet) on Inset and choose Full Image.

Let me know if you need help

Reaction Score
UConn needs an offense that can get Azzi more than 4 looks in a game. Sorry
Dribble-drive-pitch, boom! Dribble-drive-pitch boom.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The Princeton Offense is a read and react motion offense. The principle in all these motion offenses isn't any different. Regardless of the set...they all have the same common ball side action and back side screening principle. It's technically not an offense, but a principle. Personnel and skill level generally dictate the initial set.
They are similar, but different.

Reaction Score
UConn needs an offense that can get Azzi more than 4 looks in a game. Sorry
Dribble-drive-pitch, boom! Dribble-drive-pitch boom.
They don't run dribble drive as the primary offense. Or Azzi could continue to vary her shot selection and drive more. It's not a great leap because she's capable. She's also an elite mid range scorer. I think she passes up scoring opportunities. She's not just a 3 point shooter.

Reaction Score
They don't run dribble drive as the primary offense. Or Azzi could continue to vary her shot selection and drive more. It's not a great leap because she's capable. She's also an elite mid range scorer. I think she passes up scoring opportunities. She's not just a 3 point shooter.
100% agree, but UConn can't even get her open looks. I'm just forever worried that the team will run into a big, strong, physical team that will halt the motion offense. Watch all these teams on the men's side- St Peter's, Houston, etc, etc- they attack the rim off the dribble and get their jumpers off of that. Azzi could go off and single-handedly get UConn to the next round, if they just get her looks. Minimum- 15 shots. SC looks awful today, but they are strong and physical at every position and they're big inside. Sorry, flashback to AZ last year. PTSD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom