“It’s as if they’ve decided to get UConn, one way or the other” | The Boneyard

“It’s as if they’ve decided to get UConn, one way or the other”

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

Ok - I am sure this will elicit the obligatory post from Fishy that this is the dumbest post he has ever seen - and that is saying something. Yet, how many of you now doubt me that this is going to be bad and that Emmert has a personal grudge against Calhoun and against UConn - cultivated durng his rocky/disappointing tenure there.

Governor Malloy - “It’s as if they’ve decided to get UConn, one way or the other,” he said.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
They absolutely did (and I've been stating this for a while now). There is no other logical explanation for what happened. In creating the CAP, the NCAA decided they needed (solely for PR purposes) to give the illusion that they care about the student athlete beyond the $$$$$ that the student athlete can provide. They saw us as a vulnerable (due to our getting pinched for low APR the prior spring), high profile (reigning national champs) program who they were not afraid to actually punish (as we are neither a program of true historic significance nor a member of a power football conference). We were the perfect target so they devised a criteria that we already had fallen below.

They saw us as a perfect skin to hang on their wall to tell the public they are serious about the best interests of student athlete (what a joke) and say 'see, we are not afraid to attack the big boys' (they absolutely are). The decided the outcome in advanced and worked in a system to guarantee that outcome.

Reaction Score
They absolutely did (and I've been stating this for a while now). There is no other logical explanation for what happened. In creating the CAP, the NCAA decided they needed (solely for PR purposes) to give the illusion that they care about the student athlete beyond the $$$$$ that the student athlete can provide. They saw us as a vulnerable (due to our getting pinched for low APR the prior spring), high profile (reigning national champs) program who they were not afraid to actually punish (as we are neither a program of true historic significance nor a member of a power football conference). We were the perfect target so they devised a criteria that we already had fallen below.

They saw us as a perfect skin to hang on their wall to tell the public they are serious about the best interests of student athlete (what a joke) and say 'see, we are not afraid to attack the big boys' (they absolutely are). The decided the outcome in advanced and worked in a system to guarantee that outcome.

I don't know if that's true or not, but it'd sure be fun to find out using 10-12 hour depositions per day for weeks on end.

Reaction Score
I don't know if that's true or not, but it'd sure be fun to find out using 10-12 hour depositions per day for weeks on end.

Money? Did someone mention paying lawyers money?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Money? Did someone mention paying lawyers money?
BL finding this thread and chiming in with the above comment. Somewhat like a shark sniffing out a drop of blood in the water five miles away.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
BL finding this thread and chiming in with the above comment. Somewhat like a shark sniffing out a drop of blood in the water five miles away.

I was thinking more along the lines of an old west dinner bell, but same thing.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
I was thinking more along the lines of an old west dinner bell, but same thing.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Given that FCF knows what I look like, and you don't, you would be proud as to how much more on point the dinner bell analogy is!

Reaction Score
Ok - I am sure this will elicit the obligatory post from Fishy that this is the dumbest post he has ever seen - and that is saying something. Yet, how many of you now doubt me that this is going to be bad and that Emmert has a personal grudge against Calhoun and against UConn - cultivated durng his rocky/disappointing tenure there.

Governor Malloy - “It’s as if they’ve decided to get UConn, one way or the other,” he said.

I agree with with, but its still kinda funny that you make everything about yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom