“I Wanna Be Like Sue Bird” | The Boneyard

“I Wanna Be Like Sue Bird”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
“I Wanna Be Like Sue Bird”: USAB Men’s Team Wowed by Women’s Team

Mostly what looks like a promo piece, but a little fun nonetheless: LINK HERE

(It's too bad, on the other hand, that our current culture needs the "real" athletes to bring positive attention to our beloved sport, but I'll take it. I also would prefer that these guys call our players women and not girls. They're not the boys team, after all.)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Feels a little contrived to me.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
There are an additional four or so links at the bottom to other short stories about the USA team - well worth checking out.

Reaction Score
From one of the linked stories:

Team USA comes at it’s opponents in waves and they really are 12 deep.

For example, the second and third leading scorers for the United States are Breanna Stewart (13.7 PPG) and Angel McCoughtry (11.3 PPG), and neither of them have started a game in the tournament. In fact, Stewart is only averaging 13 minutes per game, meaning she is scoring over one point per minute and shooting an incredible 75% from the field. The WNBA favorite for Rookie of the Year is also having a tremendous first trip to the Olympics.:);)

Reaction Score
Almost certainly contrived. But the NBAers are pitching in, trying to sell and legitimize the WNBA--I suspect on orders from the top. For many, many reasons, only good can come of it.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Almost certainly contrived. But the NBAers are pitching in, trying to sell and legitimize the WNBA--I suspect on orders from the top. For many, many reasons, only good can come of it.
I actually think It is real. Loved the back and forth between the two - 'nah, you can't be Bird, you never pass' - 'you can't play on the wing'!

I think a lot of guys really do watch and study the women.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom