“I guess they’ve arrived, huh? In their minds.” | The Boneyard

“I guess they’ve arrived, huh? In their minds.”

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Rewatched the 2022 Nova Hurley Ejection game today with the incredible final 25 second comeback.

Raftery, after the final whistle, says “I guess they’ve arrived, huh?” And adds in a little jab of “in their minds…” and it’s really sticking in my craw.

Yeah Bill, we can kind of pinpoint that as our re-arrival.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
2/22/22 game at XL. Had it recorded.

Full game can be watched here, though:

Cuts off before Raf’s comment. You can hear it at the end of the highlight vid:

I haven't started my pre-season watching of games yet. I was going to watch last seasons tournament run, but I may work this in there as well.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
I haven't started my pre-season watching of games yet. I was going to watch last seasons tournament run, but I may work this in there as well.
This game - a loud, full XL, a dramatic win, kids storming the court…it really did stand out then and stands out now as the moment I felt like we really were back.

Huge game in UConn lore. RJ was a dog.

Reaction Score
This game - a loud, full XL, a dramatic win, kids storming the court…it really did stand out then and stands out now as the moment I felt like we really were back.

Huge game in UConn lore. RJ was a dog.
Yup, this was a game when I realized that we were on the right track. We had ups and downs in Hurley’s time, but something just told me that I needed to attend this game. Very glad that I did.

Reaction Score
Couldn’t believe fake fans were walking out before the end! My son was yelling at them for being fake blanking fans. Was a proud dad at that moment.

Reaction Score
Rewatched the 2022 Nova Hurley Ejection game today with the incredible final 25 second comeback.

Raftery, after the final whistle, says “I guess they’ve arrived, huh?” And adds in a little jab of “in their minds…” and it’s really sticking in my craw.

I think he was referring to the group of fans storming the court and not the team itself.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

It was about the court storming. That’s a whatever thing. For students I never begrudge, but raff is old school , “act like you’ve been there”. And nova should be storming court against us.

Reaction Score
It was about the court storming. That’s a whatever thing. For students I never begrudge, but raff is old school , “act like you’ve been there”. And nova should be storming court against us.
I cringed slightly too, but you have to consider recent history and our results. It was like a giant weight was lifted off our shoulders that night, including Hurley’s.

I don’t know, it’s rough to describe I guess. Maybe it was just me, but I got home that night and simply couldn’t fall asleep. It just felt like we made the announcement “we are back”.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I cringed slightly too, but you have to consider recent history and our results. It was like a giant weight was lifted off our shoulders that night, including Hurley’s.

I don’t know, it’s rough to describe I guess. Maybe it was just me, but I got home that night and simply couldn’t fall asleep. It just felt like we made the announcement “we are back”.
Like I said. I don’t care what students do. All I’m saying is raf didn’t say anything that should stick in anyone’s craw.

I was there too with @8893 and his roommate from UConn and ( who was also my classmate at simsbury high) . We were PUMPED! What does that have to do with Raf? I was so pumped, I watched the game when I got home again and went to bed late. Rafs comment made me lose no sleep.

Reaction Score

I could be wrong but hearing the comment it could also be interpreted as "in their mind" being the young students that probably arent aware of Uconns 30 years of excellence at the top of the sport and that it seems weird to him that the students are storming the court as if this is the first time we`ve beaten a highly ranked team. Its almost a compliment of storming the court is beneath us.

Reaction Score
Like I said. I don’t care what students do. All I’m saying is raf didn’t say anything that should stick in anyone’s craw.

I was there too with @8893 and his roommate from UConn and ( who was also my classmate at simsbury high) . We were PUMPED! What does that have to do with Raf? I was so pumped, I watched the game when I got home again and went to bed late. Rafs comment made me lose no sleep.
I entirely agree with you, in case you thought otherwise. Was just explaining my thoughts about the students rushing the court.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Y’all are right, the comment wasn’t bad.

That aside, that game was awesome

Secure Dog

Blue Collar = Blue Blood
Reaction Score
So in the wake of being shunned at the alter by one generational 5 star and one run of the mill 5 star, we start dragging up marginal insults from two years ago. Love it!! Let’s make the rest of this thread about quoting disrespectful quotes we have received from the pundits. Seth had a few, Charles is Charles so those won’t carry much weight. But Kellogg said a few less than flattering things in the early rounds. Come on some BYder with talent put together a short take on slights we have endured. We can go back to like Hurleys first year to find some good material. But as a fan base that would be a good use of our time. Let’s point out that our whole legacy is built on beating the odds. I want Hurley to walk around with a big a chip as we can create. Shoot he even said at times he has felt like he had a chip on each shoulder. This guy operates better when faced with adversity. JC did it the Boston way DH does it he Jersey way. Both are effective. Like I said in previous post, blue blood but blue collar. Let’s go to work. Worry about 2024-2025 when we are in a position to three peat. That should make some of the players that decided against feel good. THEY missed the stage on a potential three peat to go to a school that maybe made a final four run but more than likely don’t make it past the elite eight or sweet sixteen. Scheyer is not Coach K and he certainly isn’t Dan Hurley.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom