OT: - ‘Crying Northwestern Kid’ who went viral during March Madness now attends Harvard | The Boneyard

OT: ‘Crying Northwestern Kid’ who went viral during March Madness now attends Harvard

Reaction Score
Thought this was too funny not to post. I guess the kid got the last laugh. Wonder what the kid who cried over one of Duke's losses is doing these days.

Six years ago, a video clip of a boy in a purple Northwestern jersey holding his hands above his head in anguish went viral.

It became one of the defining memes of the 2017 NCAA Tournament.

Now, as the 2023 NCAA Tournament gets underway, the clips and memes are resurfacing.

Phillips is now a freshman at Harvard, according to The Sporting News, which wrote a profile on him this week. He wrote about his experience going viral in his application essay, the publication reported.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I wonder what Phil Martelli's grandkid is up to 9 years later. Is he a moody middle schooler?

Reaction Score
The kid's visual reaction was great. Basically, "For the love of God, what was that call?!" I'm sure we can all relate.

Reaction Score
Thought this was too funny not to post. I guess the kid got the last laugh. Wonder what the kid who cried over one of Duke's losses is doing these days.

Six years ago, a video clip of a boy in a purple Northwestern jersey holding his hands above his head in anguish went viral.

Now, as the 2023 NCAA Tournament gets underway, the clips and memes are resurfacing.

Phillips is now a freshman at Harvard, according to The Sporting News, which wrote a profile on him this week. He wrote about his experience going viral in his application essay, the publication reported.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I wonder what Phil Martelli's grandkid is up to 9 years later. Is he a moody middle schooler?
The one that pissed me off the most was Lon Kruger's kid back in 1994.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score

This jogs my memory a bit seeing the Duke kid sitting with dad crying. Was that '99?

Reaction Score

I always wonder about the Villanova girl in this video at 1:29 :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom