Пролетарии всех стран объединяются 12:00pm today | The Boneyard

Пролетарии всех стран объединяются 12:00pm today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just spreading a message that I've encountered this morning online. Seems that there's been some backlash to the worldwide leader shutting down the news info flow for the new league since yesterday, from some unexpected places across the country. I'm more than happy to join in and saw a message this morning online beginning to spread.

Today. Noon. SEC College Football Blog. Let's talk AAC conference. Hopefully there will be some SMU fans there, for me.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec

UCONN fans Unite. Fans of the AAC programs unite.

Reaction Score
This is great. Are those fanbases whining endlessly about their athletic departments, too?

Reaction Score
It's hard to believe Stanford has it's own blog but at the same time, not hard to believe, considering how much money they have behind them.

Reaction Score
Just spreading a message that I've encountered this morning online. Seems that there's been some backlash to the worldwide leader shutting down the news info flow for the new league since yesterday, from some unexpected places across the country. I'm more than happy to join in and saw a message this morning online beginning to spread.

Today. Noon. SEC College Football Blog. Let's talk AAC conference. Hopefully there will be some SMU fans there, for me.

It appears that ESPN is now going the Courant route to prevent "anonymous" posters:

"Effective July 17, ESPN will be transitioning all conversations to Facebook comments. At that time a Facebook account will be required to post comments on new articles. Previous comments and conversations will be closed to comment but can still be viewed."

Reaction Score
Just means they will lose a ton of normal commenters as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I am lost, or your account has been hacked.

What's up with the language in the thread title?

Reaction Score

That is the slogan of the former CCCP in Russian. You may remember their red jerseys from the 1980 Olympic games. It translates to "workers of the world unite" and is slogan that came from 19th century German socioeconomic policy writing by Marx, Engels, etc.... that stimulated the communist movement in the world.

I thought it would be pretty ironic for a communist party slogan, on a movement for the American Athletic Conference. I was reading through the news this morning and saw the Orlando Sentinel article and caught wind of this thing, and posted it here. The SEC football blog is blowing up with fans from Houston, ECU, UCF, etc.

Big East football blog was removed on July 1 - as expected, but no football blog for AAC was created, is what it is all about.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
If there's a need, I can set up a board for the AAC.

That is the slogan of the former CCCP in Russian. You may remember their red jerseys from the 1980 Olympic games. It translates to "workers of the world unite" and is slogan that came from 19th century German socioeconomic policy writing by Marx, Engels, etc.... that stimulated the communist movement in the world.

I thought it would be pretty ironic for a communist party slogan, on a movement for the American Athletic Conference. I was reading through the news this morning and saw the Orlando Sentinel article and caught wind of this thing, and posted it here. The SEC football blog is blowing up with fans from Houston, ECU, UCF, etc.

Big East football blog was removed on July 1 - as expected, but no football blog for AAC was created, is what it is all about.

Reaction Score
If there's a need, I can set up a board for the AAC.

That of course, would be up to you I suppose. You may want to track interest of such things though. The SEC football blog went 2k+ posts in about 2 hours. My question would be how those posts break down, as to individuals and where they are coming from.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
That of course, would be up to you I suppose. You may want to track interest of such things though. The SEC football blog went 2k+ posts in about 2 hours. My question would be how those posts break down, as to individuals and where they are coming from.

The ESPN and yahoo boards are mostly trolls. If there was interest, I could set it up as a separate site.

Reaction Score
The ESPN and yahoo boards are mostly trolls. If there was interest, I could set it up as a separate site.

I'm not an expert in such things at all as to how to go about researching it, but my gut reaction is that you don't really know what the interest is, unless it's tried. The fact is, that right now, today, there is a new conference, that involves UCONN, that no longer has a daily football blog on ESPN when up until yesterday, we did, and there are fans that were caught off guard by the lack of a new AAC blog, when the Big East football blog was shut down by ESPN.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
@American_Conf: On the many ESPN Blog questions, "We are talking with ESPN's senior management about this." - MLA #AskAresco

Reaction Score
I'm not an expert in such things at all as to how to go about researching it, but my gut reaction is that you don't really know what the interest is, unless it's tried. The fact is, that right now, today, there is a new conference, that involves UCONN, that no longer has a daily football blog on ESPN when up until yesterday, we did, and there are fans that were caught off guard by the lack of a new AAC blog, when the Big East football blog was shut down by ESPN.

There are other AAC Blogs in place... jus not the one on ESPN.

For example: http://csnbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=409

Reaction Score

Yea, I thought that Ruslan Inyatkin or Sveta Abrosimova had posted!

Reaction Score
It appears that ESPN is now going the Courant route to prevent "anonymous" posters:

"Effective July 17, ESPN will be transitioning all conversations to Facebook comments. At that time a Facebook account will be required to post comments on new articles. Previous comments and conversations will be closed to comment but can still be viewed."

Great, so family, friends and colleagues can see that I hang out on sports message boards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom